Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

This question has maybe been addressed previously

But

I’ve set up my wife on the car now with her own driver profile and I’ve set her phone up for the keyless entry (so far so good), the car will unlock and she can climb in, however when she pushes the brake pedal, it goes to my driver profile and not hers. She has to select it from the screen.

Is this standard behaviour?

Hi all

This question has maybe been addressed previously

But

I’ve set up my wife on the car now with her own driver profile and I’ve set her phone up for the keyless entry (so far so good), the car will unlock and she can climb in, however when she pushes the brake pedal, it goes to my driver profile and not hers. She has to select it from the screen.

Is this standard behaviour?

Are you in the car with her at the time or does it happen even when she’s alone?

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Have you also assigned her phone key to her driver profile ?

8C211E66-38AC-447B-BB09-CDBF2B1B3DB8.jpeg

The car often seems to get it wrong! My wife and I have iPhones and it’s all set up as per instructions, however if we’re going out together and she gets into the passenger seat before I get there it selects her profile.
On route today we stopped at a shop, I popped in and left her in the car, when I returned my seat adjusted to her profile! So it seems it responds to unlocking rather than opening the driver’s door.

Is there a 'definitive list' of what is actually changed/stored in a profile?

I know occasionally you'll change something and the car will say 'Update Profile?' (like the mirrors), but I noticed today that my wife's profile seems to be set to display 'range in miles' whilst mine is set to 'batter percentage', on the flip side, she likes 'comfort' for the steering and I like 'normal', that doesn't seem to change with the profile...

The car often seems to get it wrong! My wife and I have iPhones and it’s all set up as per instructions, however if we’re going out together and she gets into the passenger seat before I get there it selects her profile.
On route today we stopped at a shop, I popped in and left her in the car, when I returned my seat adjusted to her profile! So it seems it responds to unlocking rather than opening the driver’s door.
Try this to make YOU the primary driver.