Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have ordered my Tesla Model Y here in the UK for delivery in March, but just wanted to ask a few questions ?

1. Both my wife and I will be driving and will setup our phones with profiles on the car, but what happens if we both get in at the same time. Can you setup a preferred profile or something?

1. We have spotify family account with 5 profiles how does this work on the tesla, does it support different spotify logins based on car profiles?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have ordered my Tesla Model Y here in the UK for delivery in March, but just wanted to ask a few questions ?

1. Both my wife and I will be driving and will setup our phones with profiles on the car, but what happens if we both get in at the same time. Can you setup a preferred profile or something?

1. We have spotify family account with 5 profiles how does this work on the tesla, does it support different spotify logins based on car profiles?

Thanks.
1. - Set up the primary driver as the first profile. You can assign a key to a profile but if both of you approach the car at the same time the first profile created will most likely be the one selected.

2. - No. Hoping someday that music is tied to profiles but not today.

1. - Set up the primary driver as the first profile. You can assign a key to a profile but if both of you approach the car at the same time the first profile created will most likely be the one selected.

2. - No. Hoping someday that music is tied to profiles but not today.
You don't even need to approach at the same time... If your wife's phone is still in the house but not "disconnected", it can still accidentally connect with her profile. So annoying... I even found a bug in the firmware, where when this happens, and you select your profile and drive somewhere... If you enable camp mode and open the door and get out, and get back in, it will switch back to your wife's profile. It will keep doing that until you open the door with camp mode off.

Hoping this is still relevant here but struggling to get my driver profile to work when I approach the car - its a 5 day old M3 SR+. I've been through the key, lock and profile menus, both my wife and i now have the app connected, but cannot get the settings to change as we individually unlock the car. If she or I select our profiles on the screen the settings then adjust. What are we doing wrong - can anyone walk me through the steps?