Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Screen Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting noticing a rattle coming from the driver screen area, I feel like its more prominent in the morning when the car is cold. But its a constant rattle, and bumps in the road really bring it out. It sounds like the noise is coming from inside the air vents but I am not sure. Sometimes pushing the top of the screen with my thumb supresses the sound.

I have an cheap left/right only rotator permanently blue Locktite-ed to the 15deg to driver position. Recently after I fixed more major rattles I
noticed rattling at highway speeds, fixed by pushing on screen corner of where the plastic shroud touches the screen. Luckily the edge is only
5mm from dash at driver end so I have added a rubber bumper there, in addition to stuffing a bit of electrical tape where shroud meets metal
of screen. Voila, il n'y a plus des rattles.

I have an cheap left/right only rotator permanently blue Locktite-ed to the 15deg to driver position. Recently after I fixed more major rattles I
noticed rattling at highway speeds, fixed by pushing on screen corner of where the plastic shroud touches the screen. Luckily the edge is only
5mm from dash at driver end so I have added a rubber bumper there, in addition to stuffing a bit of electrical tape where shroud meets metal
of screen. Voila, il n'y a plus des rattles.
Stuffed a small round adhesive rubber bumper where the shroud comes about 3mm close to screen on driver side. Cut long strips of black foam and stuffed in tightly into the housing on each side of the screen cable where it enters the shroud. Been driving two weeks without rattles.

I had a similar issue, reported it on Tesla App under Service. A few texts back and forth, and we setup a service appointment. The mobile service tech arrived on time and resolved the problem. He disassembled the screen, found the source of the problem, and reassembled. He also took the initiative to reseal the assembly around the front rear view mirror, an area he said is also prone to rattles. He found an area misaligned and corrected it. I haven't had any problems since. I was impressed with the entire process - accurate diagnosis, initiative to fix a related issue that I wasn't aware of, and a quick fix explaining what he was doing and why.