Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat back recalibrate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently noticed driver seat back won’t go full upright anymore.have seen some postings referenced this issue and had seat “recalibrated”. No info was posted on how it is done. I know there is a way of calibrating windows but no reference on seat back. Anyone have procedure done or is this only service tech item and can it be done by mobile tech? Did try multiple reboots and deleting all profiles and easy entry to no avail.

Reactions: JasontheBeaver
Recently noticed driver seat back won’t go full upright anymore.have seen some postings referenced this issue and had seat “recalibrated”. No info was posted on how it is done. I know there is a way of calibrating windows but no reference on seat back. Anyone have procedure done or is this only service tech item and can it be done by mobile tech? Did try multiple reboots and deleting all profiles and easy entry to no avail.
I have had to get my drivers seat recalibrated 3 times now. Twice under warrantee, but now the car is part it's 80k warrantee period they expect me to pay to have it done. They even went so far as to say the car is getting a lot of use so it is probably that. But it lost its setting when they did Christmas OS upgrade. They sent through a patch which fixed it, but another update came through and undid the fix.

This sounds like a tesla problem.

My 2019 model x driver's seat wont come upright, it stops while still leaning back a little. Don't know what to do since I am in Lebanon that do not have a Tesla dealership.
Looked for the recalibration option on the menu and it is just for the mirrors .
Any Idea how to recalibrate the seat myself?
This is important since the driving experience is uncomfortable when badly seated.
Hope tesla has an easy solution for this thread.
Thanks and best regards
Riad Khoury

My 2019 model x driver's seat wont come upright, it stops while still leaning back a little. Don't know what to do since I am in Lebanon that do not have a Tesla dealership.
Looked for the recalibration option on the menu and it is just for the mirrors .
Any Idea how to recalibrate the seat myself?
This is important since the driving experience is uncomfortable when badly seated.
Hope tesla has an easy solution for this thread.
Thanks and best regards
Riad Khoury
I'm sure that you have resolved this by now. I had same problem. Tried to find the driver seat recalibration on my in 2018 Model X vehicle menu under service tab but no such luck. I took it into the Service Center today and the tech put the car into Service Mode using the following steps:

*Click Software tab in vehicle menu
*Long press Model Icon
*Enter "Service" (password)
*Select Low Voltage --> Seats
This will allow you access to the recalibrate driver's seat
When done, long press "Exit service mode"

Hope that this helps others with this problem. I asked the tech why owners are not able to select the recalibration option under the service tab in the vehicle menu as this is available with some of the newer models. He said the he didn't know why but that would be a good suggestion for software upgrades going forward.

This process can also be done by a mobile service appointment (shouldn't have to go to a SC).