Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seat Bubbling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla is going to waive the fee. At first it stated, around $200 for the replacement. I refused to approve the cost through the app and instead sent a message and a day later Tesla waived the fee.
What region are you in? Maybe I can tell my service center what locations are waiving it. I still haven’t gotten mine fixed since I don’t want to pay for it.

I noticed some similar rippling on our driver seat after about 9-10 months on our 2021 LRY. Service Center looked at it and said it’s normal wear-and-tear and not covered under warranty. Surprising for the seat to look like this but it doesn’t bother me much. If it looked like OP’s then I would’ve tried to push more for replacement.

FD9BA3B7-5067-494B-8454-2E8FA60C44A6.jpeg

I noticed some similar rippling on our driver seat after about 9-10 months on our 2021 LRY. Service Center looked at it and said it’s normal wear-and-tear and not covered under warranty. Surprising for the seat to look like this but it doesn’t bother me much. If it looked like OP’s then I would’ve tried to push more for replacement.

View attachment 837239
That’s totally different. Those are stretch marks. OP does t have that.

Hi! Recently I noticed my 6 month old Model Y driver seat headrest has begun to bubble. It is likely from the heat parking in LA and cabin overheat protection only last a short while.

Tesla denied my warranty claim and said it will be $200 to fix. I fought a little and they said they’d pay for half but still seems kinda silly. I don’t use any chemicals in my hair that could cause it.

I read this is a known issue and that Tesla was offering one time replacements but service said nope.

Anyone else have this?
I had my driver seat cover replaced under warranty, only to bubble up again within a few months. The second time they refused to fix it under warranty, even though it's obviously defective material. It happens when I use sunscreen in the summer. Other cosmetics also ruin the seat covers and interior. Tesla uses some kind of defective fake leather and apparently has refused to change or fix it. It s a widespread problem. I have a $70,000 car and I have to use duct tape on the seats, console, and door panel.

I've owned my 2021 Model Y LR for a year and a half now, and my drivers headrest developed a bubble just yesterday. Literally we drove to a restaurant and when we went back out to the car the bubble was there.

Going to set up a service appointment to get it fixed, if they try to charge me for it I'll fight to have the fee waived.

For two weeks my payment amount in the app has been $0, but now on the day before the mobile service appointment the payment was just updated to $197.97.

I'm not going to approve the payment, instead I sent a message asking it to be covered under warranty. Let's see how this plays out.

For the record I use natural hair shampoo, no chemicals.

Tesla repair center decided that the seat's wrinkles are normal and would not provide a replacement under warranty. I want to get some tips on how to approach this issue from other Tesla owners.

TIA
IMG_5658.jpg