Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat control panel loose

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
I have the same issue, I’m glad I found this post, so I know what to do. I bought mudflaps from abstract ocean, and they sent a few extra pushpins that were longer than the small ones in the car (for a $50,000+ car you’d think they could splurge a few pennies for longer pins). I’m going to try that today. .

Reactions: Traffic_Cone

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
I have the same issue, I’m glad I found this post, so I know what to do....
Thanks, again. It was a pretty easy fix.
No need to call service, it's doable for anyone reasonably handy, and somewhat flexible.
If the small white pin fell out, or is hanging from the bottom piece, take it out. Sitting on the ground, reach your left arm (assuming driver's seat) around so you can find the small hole in the bottom of the plastic shield with your index finger. With your right arm, gently press shield against seat cushion, so it's in the proper place (it's obvious when it's at the correct location). The hole in the shield should line up with the hole in the seat frame.
Place plastic pin into both holes and push up. It should easily lock in place.

Reactions: whitecat

suprax

Mar 8, 2021
Rochester, NY
Had this same thing happen to the drivers seat of my June 2021 build Model Y. In addition to the pin hanging out the bottom of the plastic, I found a small crack in the plastic near the hole. I put in a mobile service call for 2 weeks. Has anyone had the plastic crack here in addition to the pin falling out?

I was able to push the pin back in, but after one slight downwards push/touch of the plastic panel, the pin popped back out and the plastic panel came loose again.

Attachments

• IMG-2500.jpg
    IMG-2500.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 8

doc333

Jun 18, 2020
florida
Had this same thing happen to the drivers seat of my June 2021 build Model Y. In addition to the pin hanging out the bottom of the plastic, I found a small crack in the plastic near the hole. I put in a mobile service call for 2 weeks. Has anyone had the plastic crack here in addition to the pin falling out?

I was able to push the pin back in, but after one slight downwards push/touch of the plastic panel, the pin popped back out and the plastic panel came loose again.
Five minutes and a zip tie is MUCH easier than dealing with service... IMHO. Just set the seat all the way back and up to make it easier

suprax

Mar 8, 2021
Rochester, NY
Five minutes and a zip tie is MUCH easier than dealing with service... IMHO. Just set the seat all the way back and up to make it easier
Yeah that's my plan, but I figure I'll let mobile service have a go at it first, perhaps install the self tapping screw from post 11 here. I'm mainly curious if others have the plastic crack that I have, or if they are just having the white pushpin fall out.

Reactions: doc333

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC