Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat control panel loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poor design, will probably fail in most cars.
Service is very good about this (and other repairs).
When they come to fix, have them do the passenger side seat, too.
And ask for them to use the screws like they used to instead of the pins again. The pin modification is the root cause of all these failures. Had mine fixed at the SC with the screws and it’s been good ever since.

I just discovered this issue with my 2021 MYP today while vacuuming the floors. I have the Homelink module being delivered tomorrow (I hope…), so I’ll add this to the service request for the Homelink install. If it becomes a recurring problem, the zip tie or screw both seem like good DIY solutions.

I have a 22 M3P.
That seat control panel, after several removals, finally failed to hold tightly and showed a gap. On mine there's a screw in the front and a plastic push in holder of some type in the middle. I bought a used panel cheap from ebay. I drilled a hole in the front and in an inconspicuous place I wired it tightly to part of the seat frame that stays fixed relative the the control panel. I found the side fasterner of plastic rarely holds. I put a wire through it on the inside and fixed it. Now the panel stays in place.

Reactions: Whitebeard