TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Driver seat creak

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by wamochi, Sep 30, 2014.

1. wamochi

wamochi Member

does anyone else have a creaky drivers seat? when i get into the car in the AM and lean back to get comfortable and situated, the seat creaks. when i make a slow right turn in my neighborhood and the car body rolls, the seat creaks. started about a month ago but getting worse. :crying: just wanted to get any feedback on TMC before contacting service.

2. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I had a similar issue with my driver's seat. The creaking got steadily worse until it started driving me crazy. It was something inside the seat, I could cause it if I rolled my back along the seat in a particular way. The SC took a look, decided it couldn't be repaired, and replaced the seat. I had to wait a month or two for the part to arrive. Better talk to the SC and get the process started, just in case.

3. wamochi

wamochi Member

thanks Gizmo! i will contact the SC and hope for a similar resolution.

4. steve841

steve841 Active Member

I had it ... but it went a away.

5. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I once had this. They tightened a few bolts and all was fixed.

6. strengthcoach4

I too have this. My SC could not replicate though. I've found that if I change my lumbar settings the creak goes away. Not a good fix but at least the creak is gone.