Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seat Creaking Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed a creaking sound from their driver's seat when your body weight shifts? For example, while slowing down or accelerating. It's almost like it's loose in the track or something.

Full disclaimer, I am 6'4 200lbs. Wouldn't consider myself overweight.

Has anyone noticed a creaking sound from their driver's seat when your body weight shifts? For example, while slowing down or accelerating. It's almost like it's loose in the track or something.

Full disclaimer, I am 6'4 200lbs. Wouldn't consider myself overweight.
Yup, I have a September 2021 build LR which does the same exact thing. It also sounds like a creaky chair and comes from higher up on the backrest and not the rails.

I had a creak in the driver's seat that sounded like metal sliding/skidding on metal. Eventually I took off the seat back and found one of the plastic pieces securing one of the rods from the yellow lumbar assembly not secured, causing the metal rod to slide around the metal hole without that plastic piece securing the rod to that hole. Once I plugged the plastic piece back in the sound went away. Recently I noticed a slight chirp from the passenger seat when the car goes over some bumpy road. After opening up the passenger seat back I found the same thing there and plugged the plastic piece back. Hopefully that takes care of this issue for a while.