Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat crushes my wife against the steering wheel on easy entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have three drivers’ profiles on my wife’s model X, hers, mine and easy entry. The other day, she was driving and when she stopped, easy entry kicked in but instead of its programmed settings, it moved forward all the way and the back move forward crushing her against the steering wheel. We were able to push it back. When we tried to switch to other profiles, they also did the same thing. I restarted the screen but the problem persisted. We had to reset the three profiles. When we called roadside assistance, we were advised to delete and recreate the profiles. This answer was unsatisfactory. I feel that Tesla technical assistance folks deal with the car’s computer’s glitches like a laptop glitch. For us, those glitches could cost lives. We deserve better answers.

What firmware are you on? I’ve had that happen intermittently over the last 2 years, but only on about 1 out of 4 firmware versions (I.e. it’ll happen with one firmware then disappear for the next few, and then come back). In my case, parking the car would make the seat go into Shaq mode (driver seat slides all the way back as though to accommodate Shaquille O’Neil). We don’t and have never used Easy Entry. I’m currently on 2018.21 and haven’t experience the issue with this firmware though. I think it did have that problem with 2018.18 or .16 if I recall.

Wonder if more than one fob in the car? You said three profiles. We’ve seen this also with multi setups... of course, could just be an aberration on the one profile.

I’ve had several issues fixed (like Homelink) by deleting all profiles or making a new one.

Wonder if more than one fob in the car? You said three profiles. We’ve seen this also with multi setups... of course, could just be an aberration on the one profile.

I’ve had several issues fixed (like Homelink) by deleting all profiles or making a new one.
We had the model S fob in the car but the wasn't another model fob. Also nine of the profiles are programmed to move the seat that far forward. Last, the screen was showing it was the easy entry at the time.