Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Within the past month, my drivers seat has suddenly become uncomfortable. It feels like it's slanting down to the right rear. The car will also slam me into park when in drive thrus with my seat belt off like the sensor is broke. When I push on the seat I can feel popping at that bottom rear area but not on the left. Anyone else have similar? Will Tesla cover this under warranty (I feel they should as it's not normal wear and tear)?

For reference, I'm 6'3" 200lbs, so I'm not a overweight guy or anything.

Within the past month, my drivers seat has suddenly become uncomfortable. It feels like it's slanting down to the right rear. The car will also slam me into park when in drive thrus with my seat belt off like the sensor is broke. When I push on the seat I can feel popping at that bottom rear area but not on the left. Anyone else have similar? Will Tesla cover this under warranty (I feel they should as it's not normal wear and tear)?

For reference, I'm 6'3" 200lbs, so I'm not a overweight guy or anything.
I had basically the same problem but the center of the seat itself caved in. They did fix it but took 2 weeks go get the seat.

Tesla just responded this morning say it will not be covered under warranty and will be out of pocket. I haven't taken it in yet as this is all through the Tesla app setting up an appointment. They also said to bring it in and even look at it, would cost me $87!!!! What kind of BS is that? I responded asking for a manager to reach out as I'm not paying for this repair....for a seat to fail like this is absolutely ridiculous. I've never had a seat fail like this ever and never been charged to look at it! How did you get them to cover yours under warranty and what SC? I'm in Las Vegas and we have just the one service center which I've had issues with previously as well trying to not cover anything under warranty. I used to love Tesla but Im losing confidence in them as more issues come up :(. Maybe I should tweet Musk and call out the service center and see if he replies :p

Just for reference, I have a 2018 RWD LR and picked it up July 2018. Its under warranty for another year as of July.

So this is the response I just got back:

"Any seat concern of any type, after 18 months max is no longer covered under warranty. So the concern as a whole will be customer pay, once we know what part needs to be addressed and ordered."

1) Does the warranty actually state this anywhere? Mine says 4 yr/50,000 mile bumper to bumper.
2) Was this in place July 2018 when I purchased or did they change it? If they changed it, is it enforceable?
3) Suggestions?

Tesla just responded this morning say it will not be covered under warranty and will be out of pocket. I haven't taken it in yet as this is all through the Tesla app setting up an appointment. They also said to bring it in and even look at it, would cost me $87!!!! What kind of BS is that? I responded asking for a manager to reach out as I'm not paying for this repair....for a seat to fail like this is absolutely ridiculous. I've never had a seat fail like this ever and never been charged to look at it! How did you get them to cover yours under warranty and what SC? I'm in Las Vegas and we have just the one service center which I've had issues with previously as well trying to not cover anything under warranty. I used to love Tesla but Im losing confidence in them as more issues come up :(. Maybe I should tweet Musk and call out the service center and see if he replies :p

Just for reference, I have a 2018 RWD LR and picked it up July 2018. Its under warranty for another year as of July.
My only suggestions would be to either bring it to a different SC or speak with the person in charge at the SC you are currently dealing with. My car is only about 15 months old but for manufacturer issues, the bumper to bumper warranty should cover something like a seat issue. Service centers are notoriously inconsistent when it comes to stuff like this in my experience.

I just took delivery of a 2021 Model3 with white interior. When i sit in the driver seat it feels like the cross webbing is not tied together correctly so it feels like I am sitting on a webbing beach char with some broken webs. I will say i am a big guy at 6'2" and 250 so there's that too, but I expect the driver seat to not have the webbing shift around that much so it feels like I am slipping between the webbing. Car is brand new with under 200 miles on it.
Is this a normal condition for these seats?