Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat: metal bar in the middle is pushing after just 1 month

Do you have same issue?

• Yes

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 70 73.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I got a first real issue with my X after 1 month. After just 5 minutes of seating on a driver seat, it starts to feel like I'm seating on the metal bar that is ridiculous and super uncomfortable.
I guess it's not enough foam in the cushion and in 1 month it went from "puffy new" to "old permanently pressed". IT's hard to explain, but you know how foam gets in time.

I took a picture today with my finger pointing at that metal bard, but it's actually visible as a line in the picture

A huge bummer :(

p.s. I am 6 feet 2 inch tall, 220lb

test_seat.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Kacey Green
Hi, I got a first real issue with my X after 1 month. After just 5 minutes of seating on a driver seat, it starts to feel like I'm seating on the metal bar that is ridiculous and super uncomfortable.
I guess it's not enough foam in the cushion and in 1 month it went from "puffy new" to "old permanently pressed". IT's hard to explain, but you know how foam gets in time.

I took a picture today with my finger pointing at that metal bard, but it's actually visible as a line in the picture

A huge bummer :(

p.s. I am 6 feet 2 inch tall, 220lb

View attachment 321528

Take in for warranty or schedule ranger ..I don’t think you will get push back from Tesla

I feel it in mine too. I asked the SC and they said that is how the seat is. I felt a couple other X's and they all feel the same too unfortunately. I ended up just having to get a seat cushion to add more padding.

Although if yours is actually visible, then that is even worse.

Ok, so the outcome is not good at all. The tech guy confirmed that he does feel the bar in the middle but that is pretty much how the seat is designed, they will replace the seat but it will take 4-6 weeks to get the seat. He also contacted engineers in California and they said that the seat is rated up to 220lb (i'm 212lb, 6.2'), what kind of BS is that? I am super pissed and lost with this.

I did try to put the padding on the cushion, but its' not an option, since I still feel the bar just less and that raises my seat up and I can't drive like that (i'm 6.2' again)

That is just unacceptable, not because it's a $100K car, but for any car.

p.s. I still love the car and I Think this is the best car, period, and can close my eyes on a lot of things, but not when it actually hurts to drive. That is just depressing.

Hello,
This worries me as I'm also 220lbs. How can Tesla only design seats up to 220lbs?

I also think that is not acceptable for

My MX ordered is confirmed and is still "scheduled for production" with white seats.
Who have the same issue and are they more than 200lbs?

Ok, so the outcome is not good at all. The tech guy confirmed that he does feel the bar in the middle but that is pretty much how the seat is designed, they will replace the seat but it will take 4-6 weeks to get the seat. He also contacted engineers in California and they said that the seat is rated up to 220lb (i'm 212lb, 6.2'), what kind of BS is that? I am super pissed and lost with this.

I did try to put the padding on the cushion, but its' not an option, since I still feel the bar just less and that raises my seat up and I can't drive like that (i'm 6.2' again)

That is just unacceptable, not because it's a $100K car, but for any car.

p.s. I still love the car and I Think this is the best car, period, and can close my eyes on a lot of things, but not when it actually hurts to drive. That is just depressing.

That is unacceptable, can't be 220lb!! If it really is then it might have been disclosed somewhere in fine print?

Reactions: Kacey Green
Can you go to your service center/showroom and see if their demos exhibit this behavior?

After reading this post I went out to my car and tried to feel this bar. I could not and I pushed pretty hard. My car is a basic 75X, with cream vegan leather interior.

I did that, while I was at the service I did seat in the showroom Model X (but with perforated seats) for 20 minutes. And yes, I still did feel the bar, and it's pretty uncomfortable but it was not painful like in mine. Still no way of knowing, because the seat was different and I the car was stopped and not driving over bumps and stuff.