Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat movement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I had seen some posts about movement of the Model X driver's seat under acceleration and deceleration. I have this problem (and several others) I hope to have fixed when I finally have my SC appointment on 10/19 (had to wait 6 weeks to get an appointment). I called the SC today to add this seat issue to my list and was told that this has been an issue and is "normal". He told me that "the seat has play in it because the Tesla has a lot of torque and power". I find that to be total BS. I have had all sorts of high performance vehicles including a BMW M5 and several Porsche cars and have never had this problem. Has anyone had this same issue and had Tesla fix it? I cannot believe a seat that moves every time I hit the accelerator is acceptable. And no I don't push the peddle to floor I actually am quite conservative with my driving. Thoughts?

There should be NO seat movement. I had this issue at first on delivery, the seat rocked a little and squeaked because of it. In looking at the bolt that attaches the rail to the car frame, it was loose and messed up/stripped, happens on install sometimes. They had to replace that , get a new riser with it, and the cover on mine since was cracked. It is finally solid now, no rock/movement at all, no squeak, even under full acceleration.

Could be a different cause, but that was my case.

Note: Now everyone's 2nd row seats have a tiny give, annoying but designed that way.

I thought I had seen some posts about movement of the Model X driver's seat under acceleration and deceleration. I have this problem (and several others) I hope to have fixed when I finally have my SC appointment on 10/19 (had to wait 6 weeks to get an appointment). I called the SC today to add this seat issue to my list and was told that this has been an issue and is "normal". He told me that "the seat has play in it because the Tesla has a lot of torque and power". I find that to be total BS. I have had all sorts of high performance vehicles including a BMW M5 and several Porsche cars and have never had this problem. Has anyone had this same issue and had Tesla fix it? I cannot believe a seat that moves every time I hit the accelerator is acceptable. And no I don't push the peddle to floor I actually am quite conservative with my driving. Thoughts?
I've been told the same thing. It's really annoying.

Update: When car was in for service they confirmed seat movement and noted on the work order. Was told it is not moving enough to warrant replacement. There is no repair and is a known issue according to service advisor. I plan to address this issue again in a few months and push for a new seat. This is the last remaining issue I had from delivery and really just wanted to get over the negative stuff and start enjoying the X.