TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Driver seat movement

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Insureit1, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Insureit1

Insureit1 Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    I thought I had seen some posts about movement of the Model X driver's seat under acceleration and deceleration. I have this problem (and several others) I hope to have fixed when I finally have my SC appointment on 10/19 (had to wait 6 weeks to get an appointment). I called the SC today to add this seat issue to my list and was told that this has been an issue and is "normal". He told me that "the seat has play in it because the Tesla has a lot of torque and power". I find that to be total BS. I have had all sorts of high performance vehicles including a BMW M5 and several Porsche cars and have never had this problem. Has anyone had this same issue and had Tesla fix it? I cannot believe a seat that moves every time I hit the accelerator is acceptable. And no I don't push the peddle to floor I actually am quite conservative with my driving. Thoughts?
  2. travwill

travwill Member

May 1, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    There should be NO seat movement. I had this issue at first on delivery, the seat rocked a little and squeaked because of it. In looking at the bolt that attaches the rail to the car frame, it was loose and messed up/stripped, happens on install sometimes. They had to replace that , get a new riser with it, and the cover on mine since was cracked. It is finally solid now, no rock/movement at all, no squeak, even under full acceleration.

Could be a different cause, but that was my case.

Note: Now everyone's 2nd row seats have a tiny give, annoying but designed that way.
  3. Spidy

Spidy Member

Feb 7, 2015
  4. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Parker, CO
    I've been told the same thing. It's really annoying.