Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seat Not Returning to Saved Position

bctomuk

God
Apr 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Every time I get in my model 3 I have to slightly adjust the seat angle forward which I then save to my profile. However when I return to the vehicle and the seat moves from easy entry back into the 'saved' position I find the angle hasn't returned as upright as I like and I have to tweak it forward again...... I literally have to do this every time I get in the car so I know its not just in my mind as I'd be folded in half by now! Just wondering has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: Alistairuk

Alistairuk

Jun 25, 2020
Scotland
I’ve noticed mine returns to a slightly different position each time - it’s only started doing this recently (like last few weeks at most a month or two).

It’s been fine since September 2020 until it started doing it. it’s slightly (at most a few cm to far back) - I adjust it back every time and each time I get back in I need to adjust it again. (Yes I am hitting save - I’ve even tried making a larger adjustment and saving it but seems to do the same)

I assumed it was a random software issue that’s caused it and it’ll eventually be fixed in another update.

Glad I’m not only one who’s noticed it :)

Reactions: bctomuk

Steggi

Mar 15, 2020
Norwich
I’ve been having the same issue, I find if I tap easy entry or current profile name at the top of the screen it will adjust to the set position.

tomorrowman

Mar 10, 2020
Hampshire
Same here, though I've had the problem for months and like others, after the seat adjusted it was always a little bit out (normally seat height or recline would vary a little from what was saved.

Recently however (last week or two ?) - it's just way out to the point I can't drive without manually adjusting it.
The forward/backward adjustment seems fine, but then assumes I want to go to sleep and reclines the backrest back to degree that's nuts.

I'm hoping it's a temporary thing as a result of recent 2021.12.X or 2021.24.X releases :( and not related to the wiring harness in the seat that got replaced a few months ago.

PorthosJon

May 5, 2021
Westchester, NY
So I have a "easy entry" profile set which raises the wheel, scoots the chair back and tilts back a little. My driver profile is the only other thing saved in the car and my phone is paired. About 60% of the time I get in the car, hit the brake, and everything moves to where it should be. Another 30% of the time everything moves, I back out of the garage, and then realize that my seat hasn't tilted all the way back upward and I hit my profile name again and it moves to the correct position. The last 10% it will not return to the proper tilt at all and I have to manually trigger the tilt with the switch on the side of the seat and re-save the profile.

bradtem

Dec 18, 2018
Sunnyvale, CA
I have had the same problem for a year. I mean I used to keep the seat back further, but now I decided I want it more forward. So I move it forward, hit save and it stays there until I get back in the car again -- back to the same old angle.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
Here’s the rub! I hadn’t changed my seat back for 18 months. On holiday two weeks ago, I put it more upright for a long drive. It’s stayed set that way!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC