Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seat Seat Extension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking for the same thing. And also to lower the walls of the seat (on the sides) as they press into my thighs. I found a company that can adjust the seats without noticable visual changes. Appointment stands for next wednesday, will let you know how it worked out. The only downside is that this company is not located in the US, assuming that’s where you’re from.

Reactions: sponge
Exactly! I have 2018 MX . Great car! but, not so great seats. The seat walls on the side press against my outer thighs and my legs dangle at the knees. (I am 6.1 tall). The depth of the seat is an issue and the "walls" on the sides don't help!!

Reactions: beachmiles
I was looking for the same thing. And also to lower the walls of the seat (on the sides) as they press into my thighs. I found a company that can adjust the seats without noticable visual changes. Appointment stands for next wednesday, will let you know how it worked out. The only downside is that this company is not located in the US, assuming that’s where you’re from.
Yes, in the US. But hoping it works out for you! Do let us know; and if you could post pics, that would be great.

Exactly! I have 2018 MX . Great car! but, not so great seats. The seat walls on the side press against my outer thighs and my legs dangle at the knees. (I am 6.1 tall). The depth of the seat is an issue and the "walls" on the sides don't help!!
Wow, would've expected it to be in their top of the line model. Seat walls is not a problem for me. Its just the support for the gap between the knee and the thigh. That support makes hell of a difference in comfort. I might have to saw off a firm pillow/mattress and make do with it somehow. Might look trashy, but what to do!

BTW - came across this, which might work.

Reactions: KenC
So I finally managed to go to the shop that modifies chairs and this is the end result.. It sits way better, now I can finally drive a long trip without having numb legs afterwards.

It’s still not perfect, there still is a slight bump that presses into my leg but I’m not sure if I just have to accept that or it will annoy me in the long run. I have the option to adjust it so I will be keeping an eye on it the upcoming days.

They have flattened the walls on the side and extended the seating with 5cm (+- 2inch) the extension didn’t only result in a longer seat but also made it a bit more flat. This resulted in the chair not pressing into my leg near my knee cavity.

I paid €720,- for everything (€550,- for the walls and €170 for the extension) and they worked on it for about 5-6 hours.

It’s not perfect (visually) but I’m more than happy with the results. The functional upgrade is worth it! I hope this gives you guys an idea of what the result might be if you’re planning to adjust the seats.

Last edited:
So I finally managed to go to the shop that modifies chairs and this is the end result.. It sits way better, now I can finally drive a long trip without having numb legs afterwards.

It’s still not perfect, there still is a slight bump that presses into my leg but I’m not sure if I just have to accept that or it will annoy me in the long run. I have the option to adjust it so I will be keeping an eye on it the upcoming days.

They have flattened the walls on the side and extended the seating with 5cm (+- 2inch) the extension didn’t only result in a longer seat but also made it a bit more flat. This resulted in the chair not pressing into my leg near my knee cavity.

I paid €720,- for everything (€550,- for the walls and €170 for the extension) and they worked on it for about 5-6 hours.

It’s not perfect (visually) but I’m more than happy with the results. The functional upgrade is worth it! I hope this gives you guys an idea of what the result might be if you’re planning to adjust the seats.

Thanks for the update. I got a quote for $550 for flattening the seats. No quote yet for lengthening the front.

So I wasn’t 100% satisfied with the seats after the first modification. It was still slightly to high, especially right next to the horizontal part of the seat. It had a small bump 1/2 inch and then the side wall was flat.

They brought that small part down aswell and now I can finally drive long trips without my legs hurting or feeling numb afterwards. It’s also much more comfortable imo.

I see a lot of positive comments on the model 3 seats from owners, but I really can’t imagine how you can sit comfortably in those seats. Maybe I’m just to big 😬

I've ordered one of these for my drivers seat...it's driving me crazy!...my i3 seats fit so much better ( Dad-bod, 6', 230 lbs) and no matter how I position the M3 seat back and cushion, I start getting uncomfortable in < 20 minutes with occasional sciatic nerve spikes (which I never got from the i3)...was expecting to use this for longer drives of 1-2 hours...now, not so sure. Seems to be related to the short seat cushions and the fact (which I knew in advance but wasn't an issue on the test drive) that legs are almost straight out on the M3.