Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat squeak when moving front and back by easy entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suddenly been getting a “fart“ like sound when the seat goes back and forth for easy entry. I really can’t pinpoint the source of where it is coming from the seat exactly. But i tried raising and moving the seat forward to its maximum to find any debris or if there is anything rubbing. I really dont know what to look for exactly… Weird because it was fine for a few days since delivery…

Excellent t. Thanks man.

arg sorry!!!! i got confused and must have replied with my story in a different thread. thought you replied to me explaining what they did hence the bizarre response.

The tech came and lubed the part and said it didnt resolve the problem so seat had to be replaced. This was in far north queensland with the nearest service centre being 1600km away. However, when I got in the car the noise was gone - i presume the lube spread around a bit. It never came back, but the seat was replaced 9 months later due to this problem.

but as per my response above, i dont know where they applied the lube as the service report didnt mention. i think it just said seat bracket. not sure where the 2021 service pdfs are, i could doublecheck.