Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seat squeaking when height adjusted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought this into service to fix 3 things today and none were addressed. The most notable was to fix a seat squeak that happens everytime I hop in and out of the car due to the seat adjusting.

I just picked it up and it sounds exactly the same but with a strong oil smelling interior. The head service guy was frankly irritating me as he kept putting off abnormal noises from the car as normal saying there’s no exhaust and motor so you can hear things. Fremont Service Center is the worse for fixing any sort of rattles or noises. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Had exactly your problem. Drove around with it for around 8 months because we rarely get service up here.

Concern: customer states adjustment of front tilt of drivers seat squeeks when moved up and down.

Carried out inspection heard noise. Driver front frame causing noise flexing and squeaking tried to lubricate but still there will require replacing in the base frame.

the noise did actually go away but ill still get it replaced next few months i reckon.

• Informative
Reactions: aspec818
Update- a more competent SC resolved this. Per notes: technician verified the sound coming from under seat while moving the chair. Further diagnosis shows that two moving pieces were rubbing together. Technician lubricated and adjusted the parts and verified the noise has been resolved.

Not exactly sure what two parts were rubbing, but they had to dismantle the seat to get to it.

Brought this into service to fix 3 things today and none were addressed. The most notable was to fix a seat squeak that happens everytime I hop in and out of the car due to the seat adjusting.

I just picked it up and it sounds exactly the same but with a strong oil smelling interior. The head service guy was frankly irritating me as he kept putting off abnormal noises from the car as normal saying there’s no exhaust and motor so you can hear things. Fremont Service Center is the worse for fixing any sort of rattles or noises. Any thoughts?

I had this very issue. I sent for Tesla mobile service and the technician resolved the issue within 25 minutes.
He wrote this on the invoice:
"Noise heard while adjusting the front of the seat up and down.
Found the front seat base bar support brackets were make noise.
Applied lube to the brackets and verified proper operation."
I noticed he had removed the left side plastic (where the height adjustment controls are located).
Noise is completely gone so it looks like it's to do with the plastic brakets on the metal bar that needed lube.
Was covered under warranty.
The Ottawa techs are very nice!