TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driver Seat Stuck

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by NicolaSacco, Dec 28, 2019.

1. NicolaSacco

NicolaSacco Member

Has anyone ever had their driver seat stuck? I'm 6-3 and have my seat profile set to all the way back. My wife got in the car and couldn't have her profile seating moved forward. She's shorter and now can't reach the pedals. I tried 'rebooting' the car with and without the brake pedal to no avail. I tried to have the seat move forward, and it still doesn't. I 'booked' an appointment through the phone app, but only have it for Jan 13. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do in the meantime to get it to move forward?

2. CharleyBC

CharleyBC Active Member

When you try to adjust it with the controls on the side, do you hear the motor trying, or just silence? If it’s silent, maybe poke around under there for a plug that has come loose. I haven’t done this myself, so I’m afraid I can’t be very specific about where such a plug might be.

3. NicolaSacco

NicolaSacco Member

Yes, I can move the seat up, down, the upright moves, too...but, when I try to go forward, all I hear is a 'click'.

4. division

division Member

I sit all the way back and this happened to me as well. Just had to get my second seat replacement. Clearly a defective design.

5. Lee_B

Lee_B Supporting Member

Add me to the list. I am thinking it is the new software version. My seemed to correspond with the 2019.50.40.1 update and has been persistent ever since. When did urs occur exactly?

6. lazrsailor

lazrsailor Member

For those of you who experienced this, what was the diagnosis? How was it resolved? I encountered the situation this morning. On 2020.36.3.1. Thanks!

7. NicolaSacco

NicolaSacco Member

It ended up working after a few days. Now, I leave an inch spacer.

hope this helps

8. lazrsailor

lazrsailor Member

Bizarre. Can you elaborate on the spacer You created? Does it basically prevent the seat from moving fully back? I think mine is stuck there. What does it look like? Thx!!!

9. NicolaSacco

NicolaSacco Member

I meant to say, I stopped the seat about an inch from reaching the end and saved it as my profile.

10. V3283

V3283 New Member

My seat got stuck for the third time now. This is what the virtual tech is telling me - unbelievable!

Attached Files: