TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driver Seat Trying to Kill me

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mmalia, Aug 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mmalia

mmalia Member

slightly clickbait but is anyone else’s X constantly trying to squash them into the steering wheel with the seat every time they enter or exit the car? It’s like easy entry sensors reversed and instead of reclining and lowering it’s going up, forward, and then tilted as far forward as possible. I’m on the latest update but has been doing it for the past few updates.

2. dlsspy

dlsspy Member

Heh. My wife set up easy entry and has a different seat setup. It definitely tried to eat me a couple of times before I had her disable that.

3. jabe99

jabe99 Member

You can program Easy Entry to be what ever seat settings you like. You program it the same way you program your personal seat setting. I had the same problem until I figured this out.

• Informative x 1
  4. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Yeah, I have my easy entry set to lowest position and slightly back. No issues here, but there was another thread recently with people claiming that their easy entry position was randomly changing etc.

5. mmalia

mmalia Member

Same. Manually engaging easy entry goes to the correct position so don’t think that’s it.

6. hypa

hypa Member

I had a similar problem when driving my friend's MS, thought that I couldn't fit until I figured out the settings mentioned above.

7. TJtv

TJtv Member

8. LTR2018

LTR2018 Member

Love how I keep learning things by following the forums...
    Did not know that 'easy entry' was fully programmable. Yeah! Made mine even better...

9. Leo Snow

Leo Snow Member

maybe it's not trying to kill you? maybe it loves you and it's trying to hug you?

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. mmalia

mmalia Member

Lol, Mr. Glass Half Full +1

• Funny x 1
  11. mmalia

mmalia Member

12. hly

hly Member

#12 hly, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Given Tesla mission statement I would not be surprised if the AI in the car is trying to tell you "Lose that belly pal, it's not sustainable"

• Funny x 2