Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seatbelts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried a couple versions of these today and they don’t help much but can’t think of anything that could work better other than a redesign. I didn’t realize just how comfortable the M3 was until I got the Y. Along with the seatbelt, I also can’t seem to get comfortable in the seat...which is odd as it supposedly is the Sam as the M3 but on risers.

Updates: Tried a set of Classy Comfort Seat Belt Adjusters (got them off Etsy) as a temporary fix, they sort of work and at least the shoulder portion of the seat belt was off my neck. Close but not quite there yet.

Stumbled across a mention about Seat Belt Extenders Pros in another forum discussion (Model S or X) about the same design issue. Ordered the 7" regular (flexible) in black and these things are robust since they're like OEM seatbelt materials and buckles.

Better, does move the point where the seatbelt clips into the anchor point so it moves the shoulder portion of the seatbelt off my neck. A little odd to use at first since the anchor point is now higher up by your hip so you may naturally be feeling for the anchor point deeper down where the seat meets the console.

Yes, coming from a Model 3 which I found to be extremely comfortable, the seat belt int the Y drives me nuts. Digs into my neck no matter what the height adjustment. I’m 5’9 and have the seat in the lowest position.
Same here. I feel like an old man adding padding to the seatbelt but that’s where I’m headed. Maybe I’ll get some beaded seat covers next. ;-)

Hello all,

I searched the forum but did not see another thread about seatbelts.
Whenever my wife drives the car, she complains about the seat belt digging into her neck area while driving. She is 5' 9" and has her seat elevated and closer to the steering wheel. For comparison, in her Camry the seat belt goes diagonally across her shoulder/chest without pushing on the side of her neck. We tried several seat combinations including sliding the B pillar belt rail up and down a few notches but its no better.

I am 5' 11' with longer legs so my seat profile is way further back and lower - so this does not bother me at all.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Yes very irritating to my neck. I’m 6’1 long legs so the seat is way back , belt adjustment on b pillar does not help. I’m ordering seat belt covers and hoping for relief.

For tall people, sometimes the seatbelt will dig into the neck area, which is uncomfortable. This seat belt may help relieve the seat belt stress.

I'm wondering if this design flaw has been fixed on newer models. The B pillar mounting point is too high, even adjusted all the way down.
Just got a Model 3 and really surprised that there is so little adjustment on the height of the seatbelt. My Ford Tourneo Connect has far more adjustment. I think this is one of many irritating design flaws I have discovered so far. For a car with so many gizmos it sometimes seems to lack the basics! Now to buy a protective pad before my neck gets sore. Oh, and I have adjusted the seat height in case anyone asks!

Reactions: SunnylandY