Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seatbelts

jmatero

Feb 5, 2020
San Jose, CA, USA
Tried a couple versions of these today and they don’t help much but can’t think of anything that could work better other than a redesign. I didn’t realize just how comfortable the M3 was until I got the Y. Along with the seatbelt, I also can’t seem to get comfortable in the seat...which is odd as it supposedly is the Sam as the M3 but on risers.

Huladog

Aug 24, 2020
Honolulu
Updates: Tried a set of Classy Comfort Seat Belt Adjusters (got them off Etsy) as a temporary fix, they sort of work and at least the shoulder portion of the seat belt was off my neck. Close but not quite there yet.

Stumbled across a mention about Seat Belt Extenders Pros in another forum discussion (Model S or X) about the same design issue. Ordered the 7" regular (flexible) in black and these things are robust since they're like OEM seatbelt materials and buckles.

Better, does move the point where the seatbelt clips into the anchor point so it moves the shoulder portion of the seatbelt off my neck. A little odd to use at first since the anchor point is now higher up by your hip so you may naturally be feeling for the anchor point deeper down where the seat meets the console.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC