Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driver settings [do driver profiles automatically switch?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
So most times when I get into my model 3 it starts configuring the seat to my wife's setting. I have to manually change to my setting . Why is that happening.
Check the locks (keys/phones) associated with each profile. Sounds like your phone got associated to her profile and the car thinks it's her driving. Or if you both are in the car, maybe she was the first one there and unlocked the car so the car thinks she's driving not you. Ask me how I know this 😭 ....

Reactions: Transformer
The UI is not obvious. Each driver profile selects its own "priority Bluetooth device" to use for audio streaming and phone calls. This association doesn't pick the profile.

Do check that the car has your phone key associated with your driver profile. This association picks the profile. Also set your phone's Tesla app to have "Battery Optimization" OFF in Android Settings ("run in background" or something on iPhone).

With 2 phones set up to pick profiles, I think the car goes with the first phone that connects by BLE (not a paired Bluetooth audio/calling connection), and not which phone is closer to the driver's seat. The only way I know to give one phone priority is to dissociate the other phone from auto-picking a driver profile.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Finally sliced the issue so the iPhones have to be tied to the driver. You have to go into the profile and under the phone there is a small icon of a person select that person and will display the name the phone belongs to. And also del the easy setting till you get that assign that should work now.