Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Side B-Pillar glass Scratches/Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

So my M3P is 3 weeks old and thought it was due a wash this morning. I Used a 2 bucket process after a jetwash but when drying up with a new clean Microfibre cloth I notice that the B Pillar on the driver side is an absolute mess. micro scratches all over and what feels like a texture all over it.
I'll be honest I haven't noticed this before now and it could be the light but this can't be right surely? Has anyone else had this issue before? The passenger pillar is fine as is the roof and windows so surely can't be from just drying technique?

Attachments

• 20200719_200523.jpg
    20200719_200523.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 866
That would explain it but honestly it would the best fitting film I've seen, just been down to check and I can't find an edge at all the way around the glass. I'll take another look tomorrow morning in better light and try a razorblade at the bottom and see if I can find it.

I’m almost positive yours will be the film. I opened a service request because of “glue bubbles” in mine, only to find it was the film.

The film was only present on the passenger side too.

You shouldn’t have to use a razor blade to lift it, but at the same time mine was on good and you could barely tell. It is rather satisfying peeling it off.