Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Side Bumper damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happened to brush the driver side bumper while backing out from the garage this morning. Looks like there are no scratches but the screws that hold the plastic protection over the tires have come off and there is a slight out-of-shape situation there. I am not sure if I should connect with Tesla workshop to get it fixed or a local shop would be able to handle it? Any idea on the costs? Looks pretty simple to me, so some clue on cost should be useful.

SECONDLY, after the incidence, it appears my phone key on the car is not working and I have to carry around my Tesla card which is an inconvenience. Tried to switch off and on the phone bluetooth, but not effective. Any ideas on how to deal with this?

The fender trim is held in place with plastic clips. Last year, it was not uncommon for MYs to be delivered missing some of those and the way you could tell is by the trim bowing out in places. If that's all you think you need and you can pop them in yourself, I would reach out to Tesla via service request and indicate that you are just looking for some clips. I bet they'll simply tell you to stop by and pick them up.

The fender trim is held in place with plastic clips. Last year, it was not uncommon for MYs to be delivered missing some of those and the way you could tell is by the trim bowing out in places. If that's all you think you need and you can pop them in yourself, I would reach out to Tesla via service request and indicate that you are just looking for some clips. I bet they'll simply tell you to stop by and pick them up.
Thanks.. that's what I was kinda wanting to hear... cheap :)