Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side door “tapping”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driver side door has a tapping noise that can’t be replicated at the service center but nevertheless happens on almost every drive. It’s subtle. I’ve removed the door panel and put insulation on every part I could imagine could rattle. It went away for a few months but is back. I removed the panel again and I can replicate the noise when I press outward on the window run (not sure if that is the correct name). I’ve posted a pic of the rubber piece. Has anyone else had this issue or replaced this part? It drives me nuts!

Attachments

• EA56236C-EDB8-4497-BC07-33C14F39E080.jpeg
    EA56236C-EDB8-4497-BC07-33C14F39E080.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 151
  • 574D1145-4F34-4622-9EC7-7D91FD0AF67B.jpeg
    574D1145-4F34-4622-9EC7-7D91FD0AF67B.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: Hamtaro7
No. I know it’s the upper left corner of the door panel. When it warms up I’m gonna take off the panel and add more dept tape. When the outside temps are warmer and hence the car is hotter the noise subsides considerably so I’m hoping felt taping the crap out of everything will help.
thanks im kind of afraid to take the side panel off, a mobile tech said the speaker housing is easy to break. Any advice on this I want to tackle this myself if possible thanks.

I’ve taken mine off twice. I followed the video below and made sure in addition to the tools he said I needed to have that I also had extra clips from Amazon in case I broke one or more. It was easier than I thought. One door I fixed the rattles but the drivers side remains elusive.

Reactions: Hamtaro7
I’ve taken mine off twice. I followed the video below and made sure in addition to the tools he said I needed to have that I also had extra clips from Amazon in case I broke one or more. It was easier than I thought. One door I fixed the rattles but the drivers side remains elusive.

haha thats the exact same video i was watching, oh good call let me order some clips before I attempt this. Looks easy but ever since the mobile tech told me that the speaker breaks easily i was reluctant but the rattle is driving me crazy. seems to be worse in the colder weather