Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Side door creaks when opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the issue of the driver side door creaking while opening? It seems to be coming from the side mirror area of the door. When I put some pressure on the side mirror it creaks. Passenger side door is silent when opening. I already have a service appointment scheduled but if it's an easy fix I would rather do it myself. Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: bcpm3p
Check to see if the door panel is rubbing against the fender panel while opening. We have one door on our MY that is slightly out of line and it rubs a bit while opening, sometimes creating a creaking sound.

Check to see if the door panel is rubbing against the fender panel while opening. We have one door on our MY that is slightly out of line and it rubs a bit while opening, sometimes creating a creaking sound.
Thanks, I checked that. It only creaks when I open the door from outside of the vehicle. When I pull on the door handle. When I get out of the car there is no creaking.

I just noticed the same thing on my front passenger side door. Creaks when opening from the outside. Not sure if this is connected but the car also creaks from that side when driving over uneven roads (like a driveway) at an angle. Scheduled a service appointment to see what the issue is all about.

I had clicking/creaking when opening front doors and mobile service replaced the door check hinges which resolved the issue. I also had an issue with creaking that i thought came from the hinge that ended up being the side mirror assembly which was adjusted.

I just noticed the same thing on my front passenger side door. Creaks when opening from the outside. Not sure if this is connected but the car also creaks from that side when driving over uneven roads (like a driveway) at an angle. Scheduled a service appointment to see what the issue is all about.
just wondering what came of this? i have the very same problem, wondering if i should bother with having tesla fix... ?

I am on my second check straps, and they have started creaking after about a year of being replaced. I’ll make Tesla replace them again, but I’m afraid once I am out of warranty it’s going to be bad.

In fact, when the mobile service tech had visited, she said they will replace the check straps, but the issue usually comes back after a few months! 😠

These are bad designs, period. I wonder what will take Tesla to make a change here? They are so busy mucking with the FSD nonsense.

Here is a YT video of the same issue.