TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driver side door won't open or close

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ckwong, Jun 29, 2017.

1. ckwong

ckwong Member

Just went out to do an errand and the doors where fine until 10 min later the auto-present wouldn't work, door only open 2-3 inches and had to use some force to open it. It does however latch on to close when I manually close it. From the inside using the onscreen it's the same only open 2-3 inches and I feel some kind of pressure trying to manually push it open. I try the scroll (onscreen) reset and that didn't help. I've read that some people had success unplugging a fuse but I have no idea where that is. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2. animorph

animorph Member

That's normal behavior if it senses an obstruction (via the falcon wing door side sensor). Our right side FWD always thinks there's an obstruction so my wife has your same problem on the passenger side. In that case it's just trying to save you from banging your door on whatever it thinks it senses. Do you have a driver's side FWD that thinks there's an obstruction (gray or red arc by the FWD when looking at the doors on the center screen)?

3. ckwong

ckwong Member

I do not see any gray or red arc by the FWD door but I was checking around my settings and turned off energy saving and the door is back to normal. Not sure why that would have anything to do with the doors but I'm just happy it's back to normal as I'm going on a road trip this weekend! Thanks though!

4. jace

jace New Member

ckwong ! HUGE THANK YOU , this just fixed my brand new 75D MX driver door issue. In my case Energy Saving under Controls was OFF, I toggled on and it fixed my Driver door with the same symptom as yours.

• Like x 1
  5. ckwong

ckwong Member

Happy to contribute as I have learned many many things from the super smart and wonderful people on TMC! Congrats and your new MX and welcome to TMC. This forum is the BEST!!!

6. jace

jace New Member

It felt really good informing the SC that told me to wait for a firmware upgrade on how to fix it.
    Very annoying as you take delivery and the driver feels like it's stuck in mud 2 days later.
    So glad I found TMC :)