Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driver side foot rest movable or removable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find the driver's side left foot rest to be not set far back enough. Anyone feel the same and have done anything about it?

I removed mine in order to add soundproofing under the carpeting there, and then put it back on. It's in the right place for me. Did you try sliding your seat forward? It would be hard to move it to a new location. There are two socket head cap screws (allen) holding it in place. Those screw into anchors that are welded into the frame. You can't just drill and tap the frame in a new place because the frame isn't thick enough to hold it with enough strength. You could probably fabricate a custom bracket that would screw into the old mounting holes but it would require trimming the carpet. I have to say it's pretty hard working down there. You can't slide in on your back to see anything because then there's no room for your arms and hands. Try attaching a small block of wood.

I think there is difference in the foot rest in the Roadsters. The footrest is rubber and come out of the the 2.5 Roadster. I think it attaches with 2 6 mm alen bolts. But on my 1.5 it is Al and I see no way to remove. So it may depend on which Roadster you have.