Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver-side window auto-open/close not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the driver-side window auto-open/close (lifting the button all the way, or pushing it all the way down) wasn't working. It was operating like the manual open/close setting where it would stop after letting go of the button. Got a tip to sit in the car with the door shut, put the window all the way down, lift and hold the button to close the window all the way, then once closed, hold the button up for another 5 seconds. It does some sort of recalibration on the window controller and seemed to fix the issue for me. Hope this helps others that run into this problem! :)

I’ll second the thanks- just had the regulators replaced in my model 3 with mobile service (I hadn’t had issues- but apparently some recall issue with them not being fully waterproff)

But the auto close wasn’t working- just did what you said and working like a charm

Just discovered I had the same problem today, and the solution is the same. auto up/down wasn't working on both driver's windows but passengers worked fine. Doing this procedure got them all working. though now I've noticed strangely that the passenger front window doesn't go down as far as my driver front window ... it's like 1cm difference maybe.

I noticed the driver-side window auto-open/close (lifting the button all the way, or pushing it all the way down) wasn't working. It was operating like the manual open/close setting where it would stop after letting go of the button. Got a tip to sit in the car with the door shut, put the window all the way down, lift and hold the button to close the window all the way, then once closed, hold the button up for another 5 seconds. It does some sort of recalibration on the window controller and seemed to fix the issue for me. Hope this helps others that run into this problem! :)
Must be the same controller they used in my ford focus. I once had to re-do all 4 doors.

Thanks!

Had this issue on the front passenger window.

I closed the doors, rolled the window all the way down with one click, held the down second click for 5 seconds, rolled the window up with one click, held the up second click down for 5 seconds, and it fixed the issue.

Thanks!

Here's the language in the Manual (Under "Windows" Pg 18) about how to recalibrate your window (so if you forget how to do it you know where to find the instructions):

Calibrating Windows

In the unlikely event that a window behaves unexpectedly (touches the bright molding, fails to open or close properly, goes down more than normal when the door opens, etc.), you can calibrate it to potentially fix the issue.

To calibrate a window:

1. Close the door with the affected window.
  2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver
    door.
  3. Use the driver window switch to raise the
    affected window until it stalls.
  4. Use the driver window switch to lower the
  5. Use the driver window switch to raise the
The window should now be calibrated. If the issue continues after attempting the calibration procedure a couple times, contact Tesla.

I have been having an issue when I auto roll up the window, sometimes the window starts to come up then just falls back down. It always works on the second try though. I wonder if this rest would fix the problem.

I have same issue, especially while driving if there's a slightest bump orior shift in the road the driverwdriver immediately goes back down I take up to five times to auto close unless I hold the button up to close. Very aggravating and safety issue. Brought into a service appointment and of course they couldn't duplicate the issue and said it was a safety feature. No problems with any other window in same conditions.