Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side window closed by itself before entry - trim damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happen to anyone? I Opened the door and got in the car just fine but apparently the window control bugged out and rolled itself back up before closing and damaged the frame. Thoughts? Did I do something wrong?

30BF45BC-0EEC-40E8-9AB8-F41BBCFAFE03.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
This happen to anyone? I Opened the door and got in the car just fine but apparently the window control bugged out and rolled itself back up before closing and damaged the frame. Thoughts? Did I do something wrong?

View attachment 536134

had this issue with my back window upon delivery, was happening every time though. Turned out to be the puddle light was unplugged. Might want to check that its on

Just out of curiosity, as I don’t own a Tesla (yet). Is there a place where these bugs like this one can be reported to Tesla, other than making a service appointment? I’m assuming scheduling a service appointment effectively does that, where they can track reported problems to spot trends.

Ugggh, this happened to me today as I was on the phone with my Tesla service center. They were calling as a reminder because I’m dropping it off tomorrow. The guy actually heard the sound of the window popping against the metal. Left the same silver Mark in the black paint of the windows surround. I’ll find out in the next few days what they do to repair it.

Don't worry @firerock we are in this model Y thing together. They did a calibration and my car passed but it has done it once after I hope it doesn't give my tinter any issues. This has to be a software issue has anyone done the most recent update? I actually like my SC it is a lite one and they are really attentive hope they stay that way.

Reactions: firerock
Don't worry @firerock we are in this model Y thing together. They did a calibration and my car passed but it has done it once after I hope it doesn't give my tinter any issues. This has to be a software issue has anyone done the most recent update? I actually like my SC it is a lite one and they are really attentive hope they stay that way.

I'm not sure if you have seen my previous posts, I have quite a few issues. And, just last weekend, my my front latch is malfunctioning and it will randomly notify me that the it is unlatched while driving. Then, this window thing just happened this morning. I kinda stopped sharing with all my Model Y issues because people thinking I'm just being picky and try to bash Model Y.

So, I actually have an appointment with the local service center to replace the frunk latch next week. And, I'm not even there yet, this window thing happened.