Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side window hitting the frame when closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so, when I went to pickup my car, I noticed a terrible sound when the door closed. It turns out the window when lowered so the door can close, would hit the glass on the frame of the car just to the right of the edge of the window. I let them keep the car for another day and they supposedly fixed it. Today, I hit the break and heard the same terrible noise as the door closed. I checked it. Sometimes it hits. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm a bit annoyed as I have to have them fix this again. Anyone experience something similar?

• Informative
Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
Had that problem show up on my passenger-side window during a long road trip; the window loses its stop point setting and goes up too high. While it sounds bad, the window is designed to tilt out without breaking, so damage is unlikely. The Portland service center had mine fixed in about 10 minutes (service report attached). As a workaround you can lower the window a few inches each time you get in and out, then raise it a half inch at a time if it is reversing when it hits the stops.

Attachments

• TeslaXFix.pdf
    61 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Had that problem show up on my passenger-side window during a long road trip; the window loses its stop point setting and goes up too high. While it sounds bad, the window is designed to tilt out without breaking, so damage is unlikely. The Portland service center had mine fixed in about 10 minutes (service report attached). As a workaround you can lower the window a few inches each time you get in and out, then raise it a half inch at a time if it is reversing when it hits the stops.

Whelp, just got my X yesterday and the driver's side windows is doing this as well, so I'm inching the window up now until my DS gets back to me. The driver door has some alignment issues that they are supposed to address at a later date as well.

so, when I went to pickup my car, I noticed a terrible sound when the door closed. It turns out the window when lowered so the door can close, would hit the glass on the frame of the car just to the right of the edge of the window. I let them keep the car for another day and they supposedly fixed it. Today, I hit the break and heard the same terrible noise as the door closed. I checked it. Sometimes it hits. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm a bit annoyed as I have to have them fix this again. Anyone experience something similar?
Same problem, my glass broke because window someone didn't auto lower or whatever to allow the window to close properly