TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Driver side window hitting the frame when closing

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Nototrader, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

so, when I went to pickup my car, I noticed a terrible sound when the door closed. It turns out the window when lowered so the door can close, would hit the glass on the frame of the car just to the right of the edge of the window. I let them keep the car for another day and they supposedly fixed it. Today, I hit the break and heard the same terrible noise as the door closed. I checked it. Sometimes it hits. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm a bit annoyed as I have to have them fix this again. Anyone experience something similar?

• Informative x 1
  2. jackbowers

jackbowers Jack Bowers

#2 jackbowers, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Had that problem show up on my passenger-side window during a long road trip; the window loses its stop point setting and goes up too high. While it sounds bad, the window is designed to tilt out without breaking, so damage is unlikely. The Portland service center had mine fixed in about 10 minutes (service report attached). As a workaround you can lower the window a few inches each time you get in and out, then raise it a half inch at a time if it is reversing when it hits the stops.

Attached Files:

3. Keith

Keith Member

Whelp, just got my X yesterday and the driver's side windows is doing this as well, so I'm inching the window up now until my DS gets back to me. The driver door has some alignment issues that they are supposed to address at a later date as well.

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Wasn't there a trick to this to put the window down 3 inches or so and then pull it up by hand to the top, use the control to try to have it go up and then lower it by the control and then back up again with the control?

5. wiredmeyer

wiredmeyer Member

Mine did this SC told me to roll window down all the way and hold switch down for 30 seconds, then roll up and hold 30 seconds. Worked like a champ.

• Informative x 1