TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Driver Side Wiper arm Rubbing Paint off Underside of Hood

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by markn455, Apr 13, 2016.

1. markn455

markn455 Member

My TMS is about 14 months old and I noticed recently that the Driver Side Wiper Arm has been rubbing the paint off underside of the hood when the wipers park. I have inspected the hood and everything looks properly aligned with they way it fits. Anyone else seen this problem? You likely would not even notice unless you opened the hood and checked where arm comes close to the hood when its parked.

Mark

2. paintpolisher

paintpolisher Banned

I have not noticed it, but call Anthony at Marietta service center and he will take care of you.

3. markn455

markn455 Member

Thanks, Anthony was tied up with a customer when I called but I spoke to Leo. I am going to swing by Friday morning and they will take a look. The technician seems to think it might just be an adjustment of some sort. They figured it would just be a quick thing and would not need an appointment. Once that is corrected, I expect I will need to get the paint touched up on the under side of the hood where it is rubbing.

4. paintpolisher

paintpolisher Banned

IMO they should be touching up the paint for you.