Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Side Wiper arm Rubbing Paint off Underside of Hood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My TMS is about 14 months old and I noticed recently that the Driver Side Wiper Arm has been rubbing the paint off underside of the hood when the wipers park. I have inspected the hood and everything looks properly aligned with they way it fits. Anyone else seen this problem? You likely would not even notice unless you opened the hood and checked where arm comes close to the hood when its parked.

Mark

I have not noticed it, but call Anthony at Marietta service center and he will take care of you.
Thanks, Anthony was tied up with a customer when I called but I spoke to Leo. I am going to swing by Friday morning and they will take a look. The technician seems to think it might just be an adjustment of some sort. They figured it would just be a quick thing and would not need an appointment. Once that is corrected, I expect I will need to get the paint touched up on the under side of the hood where it is rubbing.

Thanks, Anthony was tied up with a customer when I called but I spoke to Leo. I am going to swing by Friday morning and they will take a look. The technician seems to think it might just be an adjustment of some sort. They figured it would just be a quick thing and would not need an appointment. Once that is corrected, I expect I will need to get the paint touched up on the under side of the hood where it is rubbing.

IMO they should be touching up the paint for you.