Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver vent direction not exactly working properly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having this issue?

When I have the driver side vents set to one output on the screen and aim them to the top center, I still get a blast of air on my right knee coming from behind the steering wheel.

I don't remember having it before I dropped it off for a couple unrelated fixes a week ago, but there was also a firmware update during that time. When I took it back to have it looked at again, they compared it with another Model 3 and said it was the same (I disagreed when comparing them myself). They suggested it might be a firmware issue, but that there were no faults reported by the car and since they considered it to be behaving the same as the other car, they wouldn't take it back in for diagnosis/service.

Anyone else got a cold knee when they're aiming at their face? The passenger side doesn't do the same thing, and if I split the airflow to the top corners it's pretty apparent that the right side isn't going as high as the left.