Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Window Glass Calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sams123

Jun 3, 2016
MD
Folks, I encountered my driver side window glass alignment issues. All of sudden my window glass start rolling all the way on the chrome part of the door. Here is the solution . it took me 15 minutes to re-calibrate.

De-Calibration
  1. Open the door that has the affected window.
  2. Fully raise the window.
  3. Use a pen or screwdriver shaft to manually latch the door while it is open.
Note: The door latch is fully closed when it clicks twice.

1. Use the interior or exterior door handle to unlatch the door.
  2. Press the window switch down to the second position to activate the auto-lower function.
    • If the window lowers slightly, the regulator has been decalibrated. Skip to the Calibration section.
    • If the window lowers completely, continue to the next step.
  3. Repeatedly activate auto-reverse on the affected window:
  • Enter the vehicle and close the door.
  • Hold a non-marring tool ( I used paint mixing wooden scale) below the upper window seal. Raise the window so that it contacts the tool and automatically reverses.
  • Repeat the previous sub-step 14 times.
Calibration

Note: Perform the steps in the De-Calibration section before continuing.

1. Enter the vehicle and close the door.
  2. Lower the window fully, and continue to hold the window switch down for 2 seconds after the window stops.
  3. Raise the window fully, and continue to hold the window switch up for 5 seconds after the window stops.
  4. Press the window switch down to the second position to activate the auto-lower function.
    • If the window lowers completely, the regulator is properly calibrated. Discontinue this procedure.
    • If the window does not lower completely, repeat step 6 of the De-Calibration procedure, then perform the Calibration procedure again.
Hope this will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
This worked great for me. My Model X driver side window was auto-reversing when using the auto close switch (so wouldn't stay shut). You could close it if you shut it in small steps without pressing the switch all the way. This happened once before and the service advisor calibrated it in the parking lot by hitting the top of the window while opening, but I didn't remember the details. Thanks sams123, saved me a trip to the SC.