TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Driverless AP testing - in Michigan

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by lklundin, Dec 9, 2016.

1. lklundin

lklundin Member

Today Michigan's governor signed a bill that allows car makers to test their autonomous vehicles on Michigan roads - without a driver present.

So I guess Tesla can arrange for some of their customers in Michigan to get an Over The Air update with an entirely autonomous AP-version, for some real-world validation.

I am sure that will generate more publicity that the Model X at Nordstrom's. And no one can say anything if the Tesla owners put pricing information on their cars.

I am sure Rick Snyder will be thrilled.

Michigan Lets Autonomous Cars on Roads Without Human Driver

• Like x 1
  2. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Now if a self driving car can deal with michigan potholes then there might be some benefit here.

3. Tam

Tam Active Member

"Michigan's laws also make defining who is a driver ambiguous, he said. Drivers could be companies running autonomous taxi services, engineers who start autonomous vehicles, passengers who ride in the cars and the automated systems themselves, he said."

Sounds like innocent passengers might be responsible because they didn't buy Michigan no-fault insurance before the accident caused by driverless car system.