Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers’ Drive Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two drivers (me and the wife). I have set up chosen drive positions for each of us. We both have our own iPhone. When each of us (separately) gets into the car it picks up that iPhone but the drive settings remain set on the last driver in there. She has to go to the screen and change me to her. The car recognises the individual phones why does it not change the driver to that phone on entry?

Reactions: CDrury
I have found profile switching success to be "variable", to put it politely.

One little tip I would give is that once you have opened the door, if you/your wife does a couple of taps on your long button on your iPhone (the one on the right hand side), it will kick that profile into life and move the seat to where you want it.

Reactions: Forty_Two
Isn’t that what the Easy Entry setting is for?
Could be, I used it for six months and it had a mind of its own with our two iPhones fighting over Bluetooth. Found it much easier to have the seat just move straight to the profile that is attached to key straight away. Opening the door wouldn't move the seat, then it would go to easy entry, then the seat had to be moved back to the correct profile. So the only thing it succeeded in doing was adding another step to the process.

Could be, I used it for six months and it had a mind of its own with our two iPhones fighting over Bluetooth. Found it much easier to have the seat just move straight to the profile that is attached to key straight away. Opening the door wouldn't move the seat, then it would go to easy entry, then the seat had to be moved back to the correct profile. So the only thing it succeeded in doing was adding another step to the process.
That’s different to how it works in our car.
Goes to Easy Entry automatically when we put the car in park so it moves the chair back and steering wheel up (position can be adjusted).

It stays in that position until we get back in the car and press the brake pedal - normally selects the right profile if it’s only one of us in the car - then moves the seat and steering wheel to our set position. No extra step.

Does get confused sometimes when we both get in, picks the profile of whichever phone connected first I think.

For the OP - you might need to link the key/phone to the profile to get it to automatically work. In settings on the Key screen, press the little person logo button next to the key want to link whilst you are in the desired profile. Hope that helps you.

Have you pressed link phone to profile when you get in the car. I missed this when I first set up both phones.
This.
Go to the locks menu. Select your profile at the top of the screen then touch the head and shoulders icon next to your key or keys.
Then select your wifes profile and do the same with her key or keys.
Each key is now associated to a profile and will be selected automatically when that key is used.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
I have found profile switching success to be "variable", to put it politely.

One little tip I would give is that once you have opened the door, if you/your wife does a couple of taps on your long button on your iPhone (the one on the right hand side), it will kick that profile into life and move the seat to where you want it.
Thanks I will try that

No I haven't seen that - where is it?
This.
Go to the locks menu. Select your profile at the top of the screen then touch the head and shoulders icon next to your key or keys.
Then select your wifes profile and do the same with her key or keys.
Each key is now associated to a profile and will be selected automatically when that key is used.

That’s different to how it works in our car.
Goes to Easy Entry automatically when we put the car in park so it moves the chair back and steering wheel up (position can be adjusted).

In fact you just reminded me why I turned it off:

Would exit the car with easy entry. Then I'd unlock the car, but it pick my wife's phone as the strongest signal (despite me having my phone set as priority) and immediately start moving the seat forward into a 5'2" death crush while I scrabbled to change profiles in time. Had to bin it off and the quick double-tap of the phone's button works a treat now so I use that instead.

In fact you just reminded me why I turned it off:

Would exit the car with easy entry. Then I'd unlock the car, but it pick my wife's phone as the strongest signal (despite me having my phone set as priority) and immediately start moving the seat forward into a 5'2" death crush while I scrabbled to change profiles in time. Had to bin it off and the quick double-tap of the phone's button works a treat now so I use that instead.
That should only happen if only you had easy entry assigned to your key and not to both keys.
if assigned to both it should stay in easy entry until triggered to move. Can't remember exactly the trigger. pressing the brake pedal I think.
The priority device is only for music and calls. nothing to do with the driver profiles.
It has been suggested in the past that the BT aerial is in the passenger mirror so tends to pick up the passenger as the driver not the driver and this is due to not changing the config ( hardware? software?) for right hand drive vehicles. it would not surprise me if this were true of early vehicles, certainly seemed to happen a lot in 2019/2020