Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not 100% on topic, but does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the passenger vent while there is someone in the seat?

I have a friend who would turn off the vents in my previous car because that's how she likes it, but obviously that is't an option in the M3.

Seems weird that Tesla turn it off when the seat is empty to save energy, but won't let you turn it off when it isn't wanted to also save energy.

Not 100% on topic, but does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the passenger vent while there is someone in the seat?

I have a friend who would turn off the vents in my previous car because that's how she likes it, but obviously that is't an option in the M3.

Seems weird that Tesla turn it off when the seat is empty to save energy, but won't let you turn it off when it isn't wanted to also save energy.
Good question, don’t know the answer to your precise enquiry, but you can “(turn up) or down” the temperature on the passenger side by altering the figure on the passenger side of the fan icon on the display. This would not turn passenger side off completely, but would give the passenger the option to independently adjust their temperature setting

Good question, don’t know the answer to your precise enquiry, but you can “(turn up) or down” the temperature on the passenger side by altering the figure on the passenger side of the fan icon on the display. This would not turn passenger side off completely, but would give the passenger the option to independently adjust their temperature setting

Oh yeah, I know about that, but last time she was in the car we had to fiddle with it for five minutes before we managed to match the temperature on her side of the car and it stopped blowing - and after the car was parked up for a couple of hours the temperature changed so we had to go through the whole rigmarole again.

It just seems odd in a vehicle that has dual zone climate and standard vents in the back to have this set up. 🤷‍♂️

A quick Google brings this up from one of the US sections of this very forum. Might work, might not. Worth a try though until Tesla enable the function.

--------------------------------

"The only way I've figured out how to turn the AC off on the passenger side in my Model Y is to turn the AC off and then turn the AC right back on. It will turn ON with driver side only and leave the passenger side off until touched on the screen.

"This only works if someone is not sitting in the passenger seat."

"I tell my wife to lift her butt up while I go through the process"

Can't be done on a model 3. Both or neither

Reactions: Adopado
This solution works well for my wife and I can still have cool air in my face... 16mm diameter fits perfectly...

Has anyone got any updates on getting the vent to blow on the driver's face?

I used a suggestion on here to put the fan on 10 and then change the direction on the screen until I can feel the air, but I've tried it and even when it's at the very top of the range it only goes to my waist/lower chest.

Is this normal or is it a problem with my car (and a few others it seems)? When you look at the vent slit, it doesn't look like it could ever really point up with the slight top overhand section.

Has anyone got any updates on getting the vent to blow on the driver's face?

I used a suggestion on here to put the fan on 10 and then change the direction on the screen until I can feel the air, but I've tried it and even when it's at the very top of the range it only goes to my waist/lower chest.

Is this normal or is it a problem with my car (and a few others it seems)? When you look at the vent slit, it doesn't look like it could ever really point up with the slight top overhand section.
The slit doesn't move, the air is directed by having two columns of air intersecting to direct the flow. It certainly blows on my face just fine, and even though I'm only 5'8" I suspect that's higher than your waist.

The slit doesn't move, the air is directed by having two columns of air intersecting to direct the flow. It certainly blows on my face just fine, and even though I'm only 5'8" I suspect that's higher than your waist.
Hmm...... I wonder if I have an issue then, although I have seen others say the same. What model is your car? Mine is a 2021 MIC M3P.

Maybe the steering wheel is the exact height to block it from hitting my face.