Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 5ft 7in and can't get it to blow on my face for love nor money. It's really annoying, particularly in this weather.

I have to duck my head down under the top of the steering wheel just to get a nice cold breeze on my face, even with the air flow fully up.

Same for me - end May collection MIC LR. Asked Tesla to look at it when it was in for other post-delivery bits but they reported it “as designed” … Weird thing is it was better when I picked it up but that was manual settings, fan on 10. Set it back to auto and no amount of changes gets aur flow above my shoulders. In fact setting the direction to full up end up freezing my knees!

Mine is 2021 Fremont build, can definitely aim the vent at my face, and also up above my head or down to my legs. I was actually surprised by the range adjustment given the design, from almost straight down to almost straight up.

For those with the issue, does changing only vertical adjustment actually change its direction at all? Is it the same on the passenger side?

The ability to alter the passenger vent in my new 3LR would be nice.

My wife doesn't like the cold air blowing in here face yet complains she's too hot due to the sun roof...

Might go better in winter :)
She can point it somewhere else then? The two sides are individually directable, can't be separately turn off but just split the streams and point them either side of her.
If this fails you probably need a more suitable wife for the car.

Well this is weird. Couldn’t get it to blow the wind on my face no matter what I tried (2021 MiC M3P). When I was trying something else I had all three of the directional buttons selected (i.e. top, face, legs) and I had the speed on about level 8. I then deselected the top and the legs buttons and the air was blowing directly on my face!

So for some weird reason doing it that way seemed to have helped and I now know it can actually direct at me, it just want to.

I asked the SC to check mine when it was in (2021 LR collected end of May) - “working fine” was the response. And it was when the fan was on full manual when I got back in. Put it back on auto and it stopped and I’ve never got it near my head again … does keep my legs cold but not really what I was after!

Well this is weird. Couldn’t get it to blow the wind on my face no matter what I tried (2021 MiC M3P). When I was trying something else I had all three of the directional buttons selected (i.e. top, face, legs) and I had the speed on about level 8. I then deselected the top and the legs buttons and the air was blowing directly on my face!

So for some weird reason doing it that way seemed to have helped and I now know it can actually direct at me, it just want to.
I tried this, but I already have it set to just face.

Turning it up to 8 does indeed make you feel it in the face more though.