Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the other day that the passenger vent is blowing even when no-one is sitting in there.

I'm sure it only used to switch on with someone in the passenger seat when I bought it.

Has this changed in a recent update or am I misremembering?

I noticed the other day that the passenger vent is blowing even when no-one is sitting in there.

I'm sure it only used to switch on with someone in the passenger seat when I bought it.

Has this changed in a recent update or am I misremembering?
Mine only has drivers vent on if I’m in the car alone.
There must be a seat sensor, as I’ve had a bag on the passenger seat before and the passenger vent has come on.
I’ve not been in the car solo for a while, so I’ll check mine when I finish work incase an update has changed it.

Reactions: Nick77
I have this issue with a M3LR (Brisbane delivery/Shanghai) picked up yesterday. Can’t angle the air above my chest. It’s also no where near as powerful as the passenger side, bit of and odd sound on 10 too coming from the drivers side. I really don’t want the SC disassembling the dash on a day old car but I need air flow to my face.

Hello everyone. I've started a thread here that I have spoken to a Tesla tech and they've basically confirmed that 2021 onwards China Model 3's (and maybe the Y's) with the Heat Pumps have this fan issue.

Reactions: Nick77