Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers Assitance Features Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bswn1

Feb 13, 2016
CA
Nearly every time I get in my car I get this message. TACC and Autosteer still work though. This started happening consistently a few weeks ago. I have a 75D with AP2.

Also starting yesterday, I was driving ~200 miles during a quick road trip and every time I activated Autosteer it pulled insanely towards the right line to the point where it's un-drivable with Autosteer activated. If left active, it'll drive literally on the right lane line. Rebooted the car and tried it out today on some side streets, same thing is happening.

Anyone else have the above issues?

Nearly every time I get in my car I get this message. TACC and Autosteer still work though. This started happening consistently a few weeks ago. I have a 75D with AP2.

Also starting yesterday, I was driving ~200 miles during a quick road trip and every time I activated Autosteer it pulled insanely towards the right line to the point where it's un-drivable with Autosteer activated. If left active, it'll drive literally on the right lane line. Rebooted the car and tried it out today on some side streets, same thing is happening.

Anyone else have the above issues?
Yup.

What firmware? My "unavailable" messages have dramatically decreased since 17.9.3. But the veering to the right is still a problem.

I had those Unavailable messages that got progressively more frequent. Service found the radar was aimed too high and in spite of software versions making it "better" (rumor was they started only using the 'center' of the radar field) so eventually took it in to service and they realigned radar (and cameras?). Now completely reliable.

• Informative
Reactions: disagree
I had those Unavailable messages that got progressively more frequent. Service found the radar was aimed too high and in spite of software versions making it "better" (rumor was they started only using the 'center' of the radar field) so eventually took it in to service and they realigned radar (and cameras?). Now completely reliable.

Wow! Is this on a AP2 hardware?

I'm on 17.9.3.

AP1 - I get this a lot lately too. I just tell myself "Hey I need to pay attention", but would be nice if this didn't happen so much.
Usually if you turn the car off, give it a minute, and get back in, it goes away. Would be nice if in software Tesla could atleast check, without restarting, if the conditions that caused this message to appear, have dissipated, and the message could go away.

ap1 nov 16 model x heading west on i280 thru west orange do this EVERYday autosteer on in left lane clear day no car on my right, auto steers left towards center barrier and collision warning goes off grab wheel.........WTF can anyone explain