Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's door alignment and latch issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having this problem? On the third day after my MX (XerXes) was delivered, the driver's door stopped latching properly, then outright failed. I had to climb in through the FWD to open the driver door.

Tesla Service in Nashville did a great job of coming to my office and picking up my car for service. They gave me a loaner of a fully loaded P90DL MS, so I was not too upset about sending XerXes to service after only 3 days of ownership.

While XerXes was in service they fixed a couple other issues. After two weeks XerXes finally came home; that was four days ago (Monday). I didn't notice during the walk around, but after an hour at home I noticed the driver door alignment was off. I also noted that when it is driven, there is obvious road noise coming from the door, so there must be an issue with it closing completely. The door will do the initial close, and the "sucking in" latching mechanism, but not close completely. I notified service in Nashville and they said they would bring out a loaner and pick up my car.

They picked up XerXes this morning and were able to return it the same day, which I thought was great, except for one problem: they did not address the door alignment issue at all. That was the only problem that I had. They said they replaced the latch and that the door was closing correctly, but the alignment was not fixed in the slightest.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have attached pictures to illustrate. There was not an alignment issue when XerXes was initially delivered, and the passenger's door has no alignment issue at all. Since they did not address the issue at all, even though the paperwork I signed specifically identified the door alignment issue as the problem, I am scared this may be an unfixable problem with these doors.
IMG_0036.JPG
Thanks!

IMG_0035.JPG