Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's door keeps auto closing on me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My drivers door auto closes fairly frequently for no apparent reason. It'll open (either automatically or manually...I don't think it matters) and then after 4-5 seconds it closes itself. I've finally started listening for the beep that precedes it and quickly getting my arms/legs out of the way.

As far as I'm aware the only 4 things that initiate a close action are 1) stepping on the brake 2) hitting the fob button 3 times 3) hitting the close door button in the app or 4) walking away. I'm 100% sure none of these are happening and I'm just curious if I'm missing something.

Hitting the key fob once will close the door. I've done it with the fob in my pocket a dozen times when something brushed against my leg! It's even happened when getting out of the car if the fob in my pocket brushes against the side bolster (I keep mine in my left pocket). I've subconsciously started brushing my hand against my pocket as I leave the car to check where the fob is so I don't hit it lol

Hitting the key fob once will close the door. I've done it with the fob in my pocket a dozen times when something brushed against my leg! It's even happened when getting out of the car if the fob in my pocket brushes against the side bolster (I keep mine in my left pocket). I've subconsciously started brushing my hand against my pocket as I leave the car to check where the fob is so I don't hit it lol
I used to have that problem, but then changed it to require a triple click to close all doors. I can't imagine I'm "accidently" triple clicking it. It's even happened wearing loose gym shorts.

Change your key fob battery. Once you get in the car, it doesn't pick up the signal and thinks you have walked away (even though it still will allow the car to "start").

Hope that helps,

Ken
I want to say this happened before and after replacing the fob....but I don't think I replaced the battery before or after (just the one that came in it). I'll try testing the battery.