TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Drivers door reopens

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Merrill, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Can anyone tell me why sometimes when I exit the car and close the drivers door and walk away it reopens.

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Ask Elon, also happened to him at the Model-X reveal end of Sept 2015. If you haven't accidently double-clicked the fob, then it could just be confused and thinks you're approaching the vehicle. Try doing a double-thumb reset to see if that helps.

3. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

You know how your dog gets excited when you grab the leash off the hook? The door opens because it's tying to get you to go out for another drive.

• Funny x 4
  4. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

This happens to me all the time when both my wife and I are in the car together (with our respective fobs) and exit the car "in the wrong order." The driver profiles are great for when only one of us is in the car, but it's a disaster when both of us are in it. Half the time it doesn't even set the correct profile for who's in the driver's seat. And doors seems to reopen (or remain closed) at will with for no logical reason.

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Interesting, I will try it when I'm by myself and see if I have that problem.