Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's door trim bump...is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does everyone else have this lump in the driver's side window trim? The outer trim doesn't fit well over it so I thought I'd check.

I've had a service request in since Feb to attempt to adjust the outer trim so that it lines up with the rear door trim but the service call keeps getting pushed out.

Attachments

• Tesla Window.jpg
    Tesla Window.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 257
Just went through this. check out the attached photo. There is a 1" long rectangle designed to keep the window from rattling. It will work its way up as the window goes up and down. It will eventually push through the top of the seal and fall to the ground. Tesla mobile service can come and replace it, but when they came the guy told me the new trim doesn't even have that rectangle on it anymore. Tesla modified it in later designs because of this exact issue. I have no window rattles so I told him not to replace it.

61EF510B-B20D-44B1-89E2-4926DBA5DFE4.jpeg

Reactions: Gavram
most model S refresh that I have seen have this. I assume it is normal. My 21' and now my 22' have this. I wouldn't mess with it. It might potentially create new unwanted headaches later on with your door seals and rattles.

if its not broken, dont fix it.