Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers power seat stopped working - any suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new 2022 LR has the same problem. Seats wont move forward or back, though luckily the seat position is drivable, but it’s not ideal for me. I tried shutting the car off in Park waiting about 10 mins, then hitting the Lock/ Unlock icon on the app. Then, the seats would move back and forth properly. A few days later, same problem resurfaced. Seats not going back and forth. So maybe I’ll try a soft reset to see what happens. My Tesla dealer is not far away so ultimately I may need new parts as described in a few posts above. I have about 1,000 miles on the car. (I’m in south Florida)

EUREKA! I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER ON THE FACEBOOK MODEL 3 PAGE!

Go to the SERVICE tab and locate “Seat and Steering Calibration” button. Press “Start” and the Steering Wheel and the Seats will automatically start moving for about 30 seconds or so. Let them finish doing their thing. Then, all seems to be good on my end. I’ll upload photos. Good luck - let me know how this procedure works for you. Cheers.

Attachments

• 02D1A738-7A6B-4052-8833-1AEF12EF51DF.jpeg
    02D1A738-7A6B-4052-8833-1AEF12EF51DF.jpeg
    906.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 48B56FDD-EFE1-4383-9BFD-3E4BFA04442E.jpeg
    48B56FDD-EFE1-4383-9BFD-3E4BFA04442E.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 137
EUREKA! I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER ON THE FACEBOOK MODEL 3 PAGE!

Go to the SERVICE tab and locate “Seat and Steering Calibration” button. Press “Start” and the Steering Wheel and the Seats will automatically start moving for about 30 seconds or so. Let them finish doing their thing. Then, all seems to be good on my end. I’ll upload photos. Good luck - let me know how this procedure works for you. Cheers.
thank you! it worked!!!

So today, my 2016 Model S drivers side power seat stopped working (forward and back functions). When the button is pressed, I hear something click, but no movement. All the other movements, up down, tilt etc work fine. The passengers seat works fine also. I tried resetting the main screen, but that didn't help. Actually resetting that main screen itself seems to be taking longer than usual as well, approximately 5 mins before it comes back on. Need to look into that after the seat issue. I checked under the seat, hoping I'd find a loose connection maybe from the kids kicking it by accident, but everything seems snug.
Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.
I have a 2020 M3P and my seat would not move forward or backward but made clicking sounds. To fix this problem, if you can hear the clicking, adjust the seat to the seat's highest position and rock the seat back and forth while adjusting the seat slider to other positions, try them all (I did) and the seat will free up and you need to re-adjust "easy entry" so the seat does not go back all the way, an inch forward will do.

If your seat has stopped moving front/back but all other adj are O'Kay and you can hear the clicking, this fix is for you to try. It worked well for me. .I have a 2020 M3P and my seat would not move forward or backward but made clicking sounds. To fix this problem, if you can hear the clicking, adjust the seat to the seat's highest position and rock the seat back and forth while adjusting the seat slider to other positions, try them all (I did) and the seat will free up and you need to re-adjust "easy entry" so the seat does not go back all the way, an inch forward will do. Then adjust your personal settings.

Reactions: UkrHog
@sundayrider - How did you solve this? Just today my 2020 S had the same problem.
Just seen your post - My 2020 pax seat did the same thing a month ago: up & down etc OK but it was impossible to move fwd/back.
I live 3 hrs from a SC but as luck would have it was staying shortly after with relatives and just turned up at the SC where they booked me in the next morning.
I took it in at 0815 and was about to take a seat when they came in to say it was fixed!
Apparently the Mrs had run her seat right back and if I've got it correct there are two "stops" - a soft stop and a hard stop. If you make several attempts to carry on going back you can override both and the seat goes over the end of the rail and is then obviously stuck there.
Could be the same issue - sounds like the same thing.

If your seat has stopped moving front/back but all other adj are O'Kay and you can hear the clicking, this fix is for you to try. It worked well for me. .I have a 2020 M3P and my seat would not move forward or backward but made clicking sounds. To fix this problem, if you can hear the clicking, adjust the seat to the seat's highest position and rock the seat back and forth while adjusting the seat slider to other positions, try them all (I did) and the seat will free up and you need to re-adjust "easy entry" so the seat does not go back all the way, an inch forward will do. Then adjust your personal settings.
Thank you! Had this happen today and your solution solved my issue 🙂

A seat motor/switch should not be on the restricted parts list and you should be able to order it. But yeah, have them fix it under warranty. Tell them the car is currently undriveable.
I need to remove the cover that holds the driver seat buttons but can not find where the front screw is that Tesla says you need to remove before the back one, anyone have the location and picture of where that screw is I have 2017 model S