Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers seat a tad loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty new model S delivered at the end of March 2016 with next gen seats. For the most part I don't notice this, but occasionally when quickly accelerating or on rough roads the drivers seat feels just a tad loose. As in not firm and planted but my butt/seat has a little hitch.

Anyone else have experience with this? Feels internal to the seat and not like a loose mounting bolt.

Seems like something you could sim by pressing against the dash or floor. Could also look around for the loose bolt.

But haven't heard of this particular thing before. Then again, I have the old seats.
I can reproduce to a lesser extent by pushing on the dash while the car is stationary.

I guess I'm just curious if this is a common thing or not, and possibly if others had an easy fix or experience with the SC addressing it.

Pretty new model S delivered at the end of March 2016 with next gen seats. For the most part I don't notice this, but occasionally when quickly accelerating or on rough roads the drivers seat feels just a tad loose. As in not firm and planted but my butt/seat has a little hitch.

Anyone else have experience with this? Feels internal to the seat and not like a loose mounting bolt.

Same here in my 2014 S. Noticeable when I change from accelerating to braking or the other way. I told and showed the Service Center and they just said it's withing the specs. Kind of their standard answer when they don't have a fix for it. :/

Im getting this as well when parked I can lean forward or back and get the drivers seat to move and make a soft click noise, also tried performing the same test in the passenger seat and it has no movement. I plan to go by the service center let them take a look... any resolution for you cochese?

well my passenger seat doesn't do it... only the driver seat so in my book it makes it not normal ill post up what they say tomorrow also worth pointing out I've had the car a few days over 2 weeks now... my friend picked up his car (which is identical but blue) about a week after mine his seat doesn't move...

Im getting this as well when parked I can lean forward or back and get the drivers seat to move and make a soft click noise, also tried performing the same test in the passenger seat and it has no movement. I plan to go by the service center let them take a look... any resolution for you cochese?

Dropped my S off at the service center on Thursday for a seat replacement. We will see if the new one is any better.

I've experienced this in virtually all of the loaners I've driven. Acceleration the seat pulls slightly back, breaking and it moves slightly forward.

Thankfully the seat in my own car is ok. But it seems pretty common.

I've experienced this in virtually all of the loaners I've driven. Acceleration the seat pulls slightly back, breaking and it moves slightly forward.

Thankfully the seat in my own car is ok. But it seems pretty common.
With my car, it wasn't just a subtle rocking but a small hitch where the seat slide back or forward on the rails.

March 2016 delivery S70D - Never been in the passenger seat, but yeah I get some shift when I do stupid turns or braking... and the inside rib support creaks when I get pushed into it. It's no P90D, but I drive it like a rental.

Got the call that my car will be ready to pick up tomorrow. They said the seat was "about the same" as other cars built around the same time (as if that makes me feel better). They said they torqued some bolts. We will see tomorrow if it actually helps.