Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's seat recline stuck fully back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon!

I've lurked for a very long time, but never posted. Years really. I post on Reddit, and elsewhere.

I've read the FAQ, I've even read the service manual.

Sometime so, my driver's seat on a 2016 P100D began to recline forward less and less. We started to notice our saved seating positions weren't as far forward. Then they kept getting less and less forward since mine was a little further back. Finally, it's all the way back. And it will no longer go forward other than about 1-2 inches.

We've reset with the steering wheel, powered off, wheel size reset, and I'm considering a 12v disconnect reset. But next I've purchased a FakraHSD cable for Toolbox access perhaps to try a recalibration....maybe, since it's hard to get the offline Toolbox even through the service site. I tried once and only got the service manuals.....(anyone have it? I'm MCUv1).

But that aside, anyone have any other thoughts or recommendations?

Any help is greatly appreciated. We love our car.

Thanks again!

Also had the problem with my 2016mx, out of warranty. Scheduled mobile for tomorrow. Initially was showing just $10 to recalibrate the drivers fee. But today they tacked on $100 to diagnose. I could get into the calibration deal in the service mode, but couldn’t get any further. Wish we had the regular option to do it like the other models

Upvote 0
Welp just wanted to update here. They came by while I was at work, fixed the issue in 2 mins, and charged me $0!

I asked if I would be able to do it myself from the service menu, and they said no, would be best to stop by an sc.

They only had to recalibrate the seat. Glad they covered it even though I’m like 2 years out of warranty.

Upvote 0