Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's seat side panel separation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model Y in June and about a week ago the plastic side panel on the driver's seat came loose. I tried to get down there and see what was going on but had no luck. Tesla came out to today and fixed it in about 5 minutes. The tech said that due to supply chain issues they had to use a cheaper connecting pin instead of a screw. He said that he has made several of these repairs, but now that I have the screw I should be okay. I asked if they would replace the other side but he said only if there was a problem so hopefully if that happens it will still be under warranty. Anyone else have this issue?

I've had my Y (July 2021 model) in for service of this issue twice already and have it scheduled for a THIRD one. The first time I had the mobile service come out and fix it. It lasted about a week before it failed again. The second time I took it to the service center and that time it failed before I got home. I'm really hoping they fix it with the right screw this time.

IMG_1163.jpeg

Thanks for this post. I found my driver seat is something wrong and then I found this post.

MY delivered 29, June this year, and soon I found this issue, but no idea what it is. Anyway, the passenger seat has no such gap.

2 days ago my MY had some messages shown on the screen (Park Assist unavailable, traction control disabled, stability control, disabled, limited deceleration when accelerator released, automatic emergency braking is disabled, etc)) so I called. They arranged a mobile service 27m July.

Tesla seemed to have fixed all the softwares messages online. These messages are gone now. quite interesting to know that they can fix all these remotely.

Now hopefully the mobile service can fix the seat issue.

IMG_3202.jpeg

I had this happen on my passenger seat. Originally scheduled a mobile service appointment for it, but ended up able to fix it myself by applying pressure in various spots on the plastic. Seemed to click right back in, and has yet to pop back out.

I've had my Y (July 2021 model) in for service of this issue twice already and have it scheduled for a THIRD one. The first time I had the mobile service come out and fix it. It lasted about a week before it failed again. The second time I took it to the service center and that time it failed before I got home. I'm really hoping they fix it with the right screw this time.

View attachment 768613
This just happened to me, how do you fix it? Woukd this be covered under warranty?