Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers seat slide/rock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I fixed my seat "movement". Turns out it wasn't the seat, but the plastic on the side buckling I suppose, which felt/sounded like the seat moving. I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1EQHDO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cut out two strips about 1.5"x3", glued them back to back and shoved them in the plastic gap just in front/under of the horizontal seat adjuster. Voila, solved.

If anyone else tries this, I'd be curious to hear if it helps.

Can u take a picture of what u did? F'ing bothering me like crazy and sc says its normal.

Reactions: GOPJEW
LOL - unfortunately I am getting a new one - the hard way. I will write this all up later but while they had it they "wrecked" my 30 day old car. They've ordered me a new one - pick it up on the 23rd...kudos to Tesla for stepping up and doing the right thing...
Geez they wrecked it. Tesla is repurchasing my Model X. At least they told me they were 6 weeks ago and again on Friday but yet to get anything in writing from them. Although I have gotten several emails from the sales side confirm my repurchase and offer to assist in ordering a new X. Still on the fence about another Model X. Still waiting on VIN assignment for my Model 3 ordered 2/14/.

Well I fixed my seat "movement". Turns out it wasn't the seat, but the plastic on the side buckling I suppose, which felt/sounded like the seat moving. I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1EQHDO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cut out two strips about 1.5"x3", glued them back to back and shoved them in the plastic gap just in front/under of the horizontal seat adjuster. Voila, solved.

If anyone else tries this, I'd be curious to hear if it helps.
Hi,

I have the same movement and Tesla has been unable to fix it. I tried to see if there is a gap between the seat and the plastic side, but don't see/feel one. Can you send a picture of where you put this padding and how you got it in there... Thanks.