Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers seat wont recline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On delivery I noticed my drivers seat would not tilt forward or back unless body weight relieved from the the back. Consultant suggested this was probably normal. Car is now two days old and seat wont recline at all even with no weight on seat. Forward Aft works fine, as does seat heater. I notice when pressing the recline lever fore/aft, the screen pops up the Save change dialog, so the button is obviously connected and working.

It is a warranty issue. I have raised the fault with Telsa but the scheduled service is over 3 weeks away!!

Initially I tried rebooting with GPU & GPU/CPU reset to no avail. I then thought as the car is brand new and it was working that that moving the seat has caused a lead to come adrift. To this end I looked under the seat from the rear and have indeed found a red plug adrift.

20191222_164014.jpg

Presumably this is the power to the seat recline motor. The problem is I cannot for the life of me find where to plug it back in! The lead originates up in the seat back, I expect from the tilt motor & terminates near where the wiring loom comes out from the car floor beneath the seat.

Anyone around here familiar with the seat wiring and recognise where this red connector goes? I tried using the passenger seat as a wiring guide but I cannot match it.

Wonder how that worked out for you. My M3 arrived 12/19/20 and the passenger seat recline was DOA. It went forward but not back. So of course after trying that out a few times the seat for fully forward and unusable. Scheduled service like you way out. I just drove to service center and told the story. They looked at it and replaced the switch right then. Very pleased with that attention.